Sunday, 20 November 2016
The Bounce Back | Week 1 Update
My weight loss this week can be put down in fully to the face that I wasn't eating - not out of effort, I wasn't trying to stop myself from eating, I just found it really difficult to put my baby down for long enough to eat a meal, much less cook one. My first meal was generally at around 7pm when Jordan would take Harrison, and at that point it was just a case of what is quick and most convenient. Toasties galore. Not exactly the picture of health.
I shared my 6 EASY Steps for Losing The Extra Baby Weight on Tuesday, and I'll be the first to admit I didn't practice what I preach. I can pin-point where I went wrong based on these 6 steps and these 6 steps alone.
1. Hydrate; I was lucky if I drank 1L a day never mind 3L, this week I'll be making a conscious effort to have my big ass bottle water filled up and at my side constant. If it's there, then I'll be a lot more motivated to drink it than I would be with glasses. I picked up this jug here - it's not exactly the nicest looking, but hey, it holds 2L and will give me a bench mark. Fiver well spent.
2. Walk More; This is the one that I done the least and annoyed me the most. I wanted to be out with my pram everyday, yet I left the house once. For my own sanity, rather than my fitness, this week I WILL get out every single day.
3. Track Only One Meal; This I managed fine - it's easy to fall back into the habit of tracking numbers, it's harder to fall into the habit of changing what the numbers represent. Is it really a success if you track a meal if it happens to be beans on toast?
4. Workout At Least Twice A Week; I made it to the gym once - I half done it...
5. Have A Cheat Meal; Of course I managed this, what type of question is that. Chicken Noodle Soup from the Chinese was a must.
6. Small Goals and No Pressure; And this is where my biggest success probably was. I made my small goals, 1-6, I didn't really hit them all, but I'm not getting myself down about it. I could easily fall into the habit of saying I'll start again on Monday, this week was a right off. But it doesn't have to be. I didn't make it to the gym 5 times, sure, but I still went once, which means I'm still making progress, however small it may be. I've not failed because I didn't train like an athlete one week, I'm a new mum and cutting myself some slack is the best thing I could ever do. It's a marathon, not a sprint, and I'll get there in the end.
So where do we go from here? I'm 3lbs down, so I have 12lbs left to get to my 'end goal', not that I'm all that bothered about how quick I get there. I'm not changing anything, I'll be using my 6 steps, and making more of a conscious effort to get them all this week, and see how I feel from there. I was always going to try a few gimmicks here and there, so this week I started the ever ridiculous 'Teatox', and I also may have started Waist Training, so by next week I should have the waist of Kim Kardashian and the complexion to rival Kourtney, yes? Failing this, I did have a look at the Lean in 15 Guides, and considered doing the Shift, Shape, Sustain program from the Body Coach, but it's a big commitment, which is exactly what I am NOT looking for right now, so in the mean time, I'm going to pick out a few of the ideals from the books, use the recipes, and see what works for me, and in the New Year, maybe I'll be ready to commit fully to a plan.
For now though, my 6 steps should work just fine, and if they don't, I have the rest of my life to try something else...
© Life With Boys | A UK Family Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.