This year has absolutely flown by and suddenly we are just weeks away from Christmas and the end of the year! As a parent, this inevitably means that we have to think about the end of the school term as well as Christmas – and throw in the plethora of party invites, too!
Kids parties are part of the territory when it comes to school – there are always birthdays and at this time of year, there are any number of school discos, nursery discos and end of school parties to think about – and that’s before you consider the family get together’s too! So, it goes without saying that having some party outfits ready for the month ahead is essential.
With so many parties on the horizon – kids have such active social lives these days – it can seem daunting to have to prepare so many party outfits; but the secret to getting through it is: accessories!
Whether you have boys or girls, styling is always made easier with accessories and jewellery. I have put together my top 5 party season must have’s for boys and for girls. These are items that can make your little boy turn into a dapper gentleman and your princess into a fashion queen. What’s more, accessories are investment pieces that will last a good few years at least.
For the Boys
• A Bow Tie – not just cute for the retro factor, but super stylish and bang on trend. It can be difficult to persuade a little boy to wear smart or semi-formal clothing at the best of times, but adding a bow tie to a shirt can make all the difference.
• Braces – another throwback accessory that adds a certain charm to his cute party outfit. Works well with smart trousers and even jeans for a fashion forward take on a classic.
• Cufflinks – now if you have a fancier event to go to with the kids, why not indulge every father son dream and have them in matching outfits, right down to the cufflinks? Please view here for inspiration.
• A Hat for all occasions – it can be easy to only buy your children things they need, but for parties during colder weather, it might be nice to buy a hat that can also be worn with a party outfit and beyond!
• Watch – most little boys will love a watch to complement their outfits, and help them tell the time, too!
For the Girls
• Headbands – these are all the rage right now, so you won’t be hard pressed to find a headband that matches your little girls sense of style
• Bracelets – little girls love jewellery and the right bracelet will really finish her party outfit off with pizzazz, making her feel like a princess in the process
• Party shoes are an essential – whether they have bows on or are glittery to sparkle and shine, they can really complete a party outfit
• Bag – kids are used to you carrying everything for them but if there’s a kid only party, having the perfect bag to keep their knick knacks in is ideal
• Necklace – adding a necklace to your little girls outfit is sure to make her feel extra special – and will look amazing, too!
With the addition of a few accessories here and there, you will be spoilt for choice when it comes to changing up that party outfit in next to no time at all – and that’s a parenting hack and a half. Because, let’s face it, we all want to make sure December is as stress free as possible!
Now to sit back and relax, knowing that my work here is done!